Curenta is a digital healthcare startup that is smoothing long-term care operations especially medications management and medical consultations. We are an ultra-growth startup, based in California, USA. We are looking for talents who are go-getters, self-driven, and comfortable with multi-tasking while enjoying the vibes of doubling the business every month.
We are looking for a Pharmacy Technician providing pharmaceutical services by processing prescriptions and ensuring correct billing. As a pharmacy technician, you will undertake other tasks under the direction of a pharmacist to provide excellent customer service and ensure the pharmacy runs smoothly. The ideal candidate for this position should be detail-oriented and reliable since the job has high responsibility, possess excellent communication skills as well as aptitude in using computers.
Pharmacy Technician Responsibilities:
- Receive prescriptions and check their validity.
- Process prescriptions electronically and ensure all information is complete and accurate.
- Analyze/troubleshoot/resolve pharmacy charging and billing anomalies and includes an appropriate part in decision-making (Pharmacy Operations Manager, Pharmacy Director, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and resolve billing rejections and subsequently rebill claims to appropriate carriers for all commercial, federal, and state insurance plans.
- Solve problems and provide solutions to the Healthcare providers, staff, and patients.
- Fix any billing errors and issues and conduct needed calls to third parties.
- Report, immediately, prescription errors to pharmacists on duty and adhere to Company policies and procedures.
- Verify patient eligibility status.
- Submit prior authorization requests, follow up on submitted prior authorization requests and submit claims with approvals as appropriate. Review of monthly prescriptions and correct any billing errors if needed.
- Assist with administrative duties such as customer service, generating weekly & monthly data reports, filing, etc.
- Comply with all security measures and quality standards.
- Communicate with members, patients, payors, network pharmacies, providers, and other ancillary departments to obtain the necessary information that is subject to both federal and state review and or audit
- Maintain current knowledge of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPS) principles, HS & CH contract pricing, reimbursement policies including the medical coverage criteria and requirements of individual payers
Pharmacy Technician Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of work experience as a pharmacy technician in long term care, is preferred
- Experience with PioneerRx is a plus
- Knowledge of medication and dosage measurement
- Knowledge of pharmacy law and medical terminology
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Reliable with a keen eye for detail
- Analysis and problem-solving skills required
- Certified Pharmacy Technician is an asset
- Experience with insurance/data inquiry systems is preferred
- Bilingual is preferred
A critical attribute of the role is the ability to take ownership of all aspects of the business. Curenta, is a start-up. There is no room for hierarchy or tolerance for bureaucracy or politics. Executives in the Company work together, pitch in where needed, work across functional lines, and dig in to get the job done. Enterprise value creation will result in significant financial returns for both investors and employees. The Pharmacy Technician must embrace this model of ‘shared value creation’ and recognize that the power of the collective team is in part based on shared motivation to grow the company and achieve a substantial valuation. Speed of decisions, joint accountability, and a true tone of ownership mentality must be embraced by all. This cadence is set from the top and embodied in the CEO and his team. The Pharmacy Technician should not only embrace this mantra but should relish this culture and be drawn to it either because it replicates the environment they currently enjoy or represents a meaningful upgrade from their current environment.
This job has now closed
You can find more jobs over on our careers page.
See More Jobs