Curenta is a digital healthcare startup that is smoothing long-term care operations, especially medication management and medical consultations. We are an ultra-growth startup, based in California, USA. We are looking for talents who are go-getters, self-driven, and comfortable with multi-tasking while enjoying the vibes of doubling the business every month.
We are looking for a Pharmacy Technician to provide pharmaceutical services by processing prescriptions and ensuring correct billing. As a pharmacy technician, you will undertake other tasks under the direction of a pharmacist to provide excellent customer service and ensure the pharmacy runs smoothly. The ideal candidate for this position should be detail-oriented and reliable since the job has high responsibility, and possess excellent communication skills as well as aptitude in using computers.
Pharmacy Technician - Typist Responsibilities:
- Receive prescriptions and check their validity.
- Process prescriptions electronically and ensure all information is complete and accurate.
- Analyze/troubleshoot/resolve pharmacy charging and billing anomalies and includes an appropriate part in decision-making (Pharmacy Operations Manager, Pharmacy Director, etc.)
- Undertake administrative tasks (e.g.record-keeping) as assigned
- Troubleshoot and resolve billing rejections and subsequently rebill claims to appropriate carriers for all commercial, federal, and state insurance plans.
- Solve problems and provide solutions to healthcare providers, staff, and patients.
- Fix any billing errors and issues and conduct needed calls to third parties.
- Report immediate, prescription errors to pharmacists on duty and adhere to Company policies and procedures.
- Comply with all security measures and quality standards.
- Communicate with members, patients, payors, network pharmacies, providers, and other ancillary departments to obtain the necessary information that is subject to both federal and state review and or audit.
- Maintain current knowledge of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPS) principles, HS & CH contract pricing, and reimbursement policies including the medical coverage criteria and requirements of individual payers.
Pharmacy Technician - Typist Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of work experience as a pharmacy technician in long-term care, is preferred.
- Experience with PioneerRx is a plus.
- Knowledge of pharmacy law and medical terminology
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Reliable with a keen eye for detail
- Analysis and problem-solving skills are required.
- A certified Pharmacy Technician is an asset.
- Experience with insurance/data inquiry systems is preferred.
- Bilingual is preferred.
Eligibility for Bonus: Yes
- Health Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- $2 - $5 per hour - Commission